Pow!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I think I've finally got it! A critical central aspect of Danger Patrol has been eluding me for some time now and a few nights ago, the solution struck me out of the blue.

It has to do with what the players are doing during play, and who/what provides opposition to the PCs. No current RPG model was working quite right and I had to beat my head against a wall for a while before I hit on the right approach.

Man... this is exciting. Lemme get my thoughts in order and I'll tell you all about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says:  

Yes I know dredging up an old post.

Have you considered that:

1) Many pulp heroes have a Nemesis
2) That some way of bringing up ones personal enemy--even if its just a few thugs working for said person as a side plot element should be in the player's hands to trigger to give them spotlight time?



Blogger John Harper says:  

Yes! I agree completely (never thought you'd hear me say that, eh? :-)

An older draft of DP had a way to create a Nemesis for your character. The new group character creation system should probably have some consideration for making Nemesis characters.



Anonymous Anonymous says:  

Yes it should!



Post a Comment



<< Home