Rats

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Clinton posted about his fighty game today, and it reminded me that I had a fighty game of my own to share with ya.

My game idea, like Clinton's, is all about the core idea of D&D: Steely-eyed adventurers face challenges deep beneath the earth, using their guts, guile, and wits to survive. Of course, my game is about rats, but the idea is the same.

I threw together a quickie PDF of the game:

Rats, a 24-Hour non-RPG (2 pages, 91kb)

It's not finished, really, but there's enough there to play with for anyone who's interested. Most significantly, the "Tunnel Guide" does not exist. But you probably don't need it anyway.

If you download and read it, please let me know what you think. I think the dice system is somewhat interesting, and it may see use in some other project down the road.

UPDATE: I just noticed that the PDF lacked anything to tell you how to determine difficulty numbers. So I tacked on a little box with numbers at the end. They seem about right to me, but only a little playtesting will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown says:  

DEEPLY twisted. Do not play after or before a bout of heavy drinking.



Blogger John Harper says:  

ONLY play after or before a bout of heavy drinking.

Fixed your typo.



Post a Comment



<< Home