Stranger Things update

Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Readers with long memories will notice that the top number has actually gone down. This is because I have been re-writing extensively to make the game design work in a different way. I had to tear out several pieces and they haven't all been put back together again. In short, the game is becoming less of a Trollbabe clone, and even more its own animal.

I had planned to release the game in December 2005, but obviously that didn't happen. The game I would have released was like a first edition of the game (many of you have played it). It was a fun, playable game, but it wasn't entirely the game I wanted. The design I'm writing now is more like "Stranger Things Revised." My new deadline for publication (via Lulu) is March 1st.

Next on the Mighty Atom:

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says:  

So, will there be playtesting of this version? And if not, why not?



Blogger John Harper says:  

Yes. Yes there will. I'm sending out an email about it today.



Blogger Unknown says:  

Thank you so much for the update, John! I'm still looking forward very much to it. Also, to mirror rafial, I'm sure I can convince our local group to help out with testing as well (if'n you'd like). Keep up the awesome work (if what I've seen through previews and actual play is representative).



Blogger Matt Wilson says:  

You're already ten years behind schedule on getting that next diagram posted, so no point busting your butt to get it up now.



Blogger John Harper says:  

That's true. Also, I think I'm supposed to read Derrida or hit myself with a hammer first. Same basic thing.



Blogger John Harper says:  

Sweetness, Chris. I owe you and Andy (and the other playtesters) an updated rules doc. Since I'm playtesting this weekend, I should probably get that wrapped up soon. :)



Blogger Philip says:  

I owe you and Andy (and the other playtesters) an updated rules doc.

AND your editor! Sheesh!



Blogger Troy_Costisick says:  

Heya,

I always like reading other people's updates on their game development. Just posted something similar on mine (http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/). I wish you the best of luck, John. Can't wait to see the final version.

Peace,

-Troy



Anonymous Anonymous says:  

Darren Hill says...

Please please please don't forget me when you're sending out that updated rules doc!
It would be cool if that happened before next Friday (10th), because that's the first time my intrepid band of playtesters get together since we last played ST.



Post a Comment



<< Home