Killin' Sinners

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Over at Fair Game, Vincent and Clinton are interviewing each other. It's pretty awesome. At one point, Vincent says:
Nobody I know of has played Dogs and not killed sinners just for sinning.

And I'm like, "Wait one second there, pardner!" I ran a game of Dogs (our freaky Norse thing, Wolves of the North) in which a Dog saved a sinner without violence. The sinner was a bad one, too. Such a bad sinner, in fact, that he had allowed -- on purpose -- demons to posses his body and use him for really evil things.

Anyway, this demon-possesed sinner attacked one of the Dogs using magic and claws and biting and all this nastiness, and you know what the Dog did? She hugged him. She just held him and loved him and forgave him -- all while he clawed and bit her. And this was the Dog with the most badass fighting skills, too, so there was a whole huge pile of conflict-winning dice sitting there for the taking as soon as she went for the kill.

Phil played the Dog in question, and it was his first game of DitV. It was an incredible moment. It completely changed how I look at that game, espeically the "take them into the street and shoot them," style of play. I'm not against it, per se, but I've seen the alternative, and it is powerful, powerful stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger Philip says:  

Yay! I kick ass!

Or, um, rather, I didn't kick ass. Or something.

Yay?

:-)



Anonymous Anonymous says:  

This is way cool.



Anonymous Anonymous says:  

That's one awesome moment. The way reading about it makes me feel ... well, I can imagine what it must've felt like to be there.



Blogger John Harper says:  

You know, now that I look at it again, I don't think Vincent was saying what I thought he was saying.

Oh well. I'm glad I had an excuse to post about that moment, anyway. Thanks for not calling me a dumbass, V. :-)



Blogger D. says:  

to John:

Forgive me to tramp into this "emotional" topic, but i would like to know some things about Stranger Things, and this is the newest post. I saw the "intro material" and it's catching... but i have doubts...
The quetions are:

1., When will it be published?

2., Until that, where can i get some real info? ( the fanatic joy of your fans and friends is not what im looking for... ) Like the "intro", ok?

Look. im not familiar with your work thou im playing rpgs for a decade now, but the idea and the whole setup is very good, and i would like it to be worked out fine. im not doubting your professionalism, but if you need a hand in anything (further playtesting, background...) i would like to help. im storytelling mainstream and alternative rpgs and i had a taste in everything i could put my hands on in Eastern-Europe. this inovation is too good to be wasted becouse of hurry or anything.

my mail is: the.one.eyed@gmail.com

Best wishes.

D.



Post a Comment



<< Home