The Regiment: Colonial Marines

Friday, January 11, 2013

This is what we're playing right now: The Regiment, set in the universe of the Aliens film franchise. We're Colonial Marines, trying to quell a rebellion on a distant world, but something horrible has escaped from one of the research facilities! Wonder what it could be...


Grab the PDF for new playbooks, weapons, vehicles, and a starter mission by Ryan Dunleavy.

We're also trying out a few new rules, including death moves and a "cinematic death" option (like debilities in Apocalypse World). Like all playtest stuff for The Regiment, this is a very bare-bones kit. You'll need familiarity with Apocalypse World and the Aliens universe to use it.

If you give it a try, or have any questions, head over to the Regiment forums and let us know.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Zack Wolf says:  

Game over, man! Game over!



Blogger Starhawk says:  

Oh. My. God. That is cool. I was an early adopter of Apocalypse World, and we got our mileage out of it but migrated back to traditional games. This might get me to spend more money on the AW system... nom nom nom.



Blogger 김유근 says:  

Hello. Recently I ran into this blog and fascinated with all the RPGs. I looked through it and Ghost/Echo is really appealing. I have an idea that is a hack of Ghost/Echo, but Ghost/Echo do not show ccl unlike Lady Black Bird or Danger Patrols. Am I allowed to use the concept of "2d6, one for goal, one for danger" ? Of course, I will send you the finished one if you want one.



Blogger John Harper says:  

Yes, go ahead! I'd like to see what you come up with.



Anonymous Anonymous says:  

I'm new to Strategicon. I love Aliens and this sounds awesome! Sorry to be the noobie, but is there a sign up somewhere? Or is it first come first serve?



Blogger John Harper says:  

This site isn't affiliated with Strategicon, sorry!

The new version of the Regiment: Colonial Marines is here, if you need it: http://mightyatom.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-regiment-colonial-marines-25.html



Post a Comment



<< Home